Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Superstar Quamallah. Same Generation. More to Come.



The interview with this man is CLASSIC.
'righ chan at Dope Joints outta Winnipeg.

What's crazy is that I know this cats ma. We vibed on a West Oakland SEEK education project. It seems we'll have a lot to talk about at some point...
When you teach Hip Hop at UC Berkeley, well hell. It don't get any further than that, yo.

Mad Respect.
World Class.


Me and Quamm gotta vibe at some point 'cause we got alot to say...
lotsa commonalities.

Now I came to the Bay from a teeny weeny town, Milpitas back in 1986. My folks are from the Rich, so I was into hip hop and went straight to New York in 1988. And I was over at Wagner in Staten Island; hooked up with Hak, pre Channel Live and KRS...listening to all the Red Alert stuff and running with my West Indian 'rockers' clique outta Nazareth in Brooklyn.
so my intro intro the production and deep investment into hip hop- always a spoken-word cat...
Never got in on the local scene..I was just two steps outside that,..a little more punk rock and rounded out into other things on some songwriting isht.

But hey, life can be long. Well see what the future brings.

No comments: