Saturday, December 24, 2011

Mindful Elan of Holiness and Respect.


"..but why the Air Jordan Retro 11 'Concord'?!"

i know, i know. i'll get to that in a minute...

...my waking thoughts on Christmas' eve was a shower of mental snapshots:
"Don't write 'xmas' Mr. D, 'cause that's crossing out the 'Christ' in Christmas!"
-a few of my 5th graders.

okie doke.


"..this economy got things bad! What the hell happened to Richmond, bruh?"
(I had just relayed that I saw my buddy's apartment he lived in during high school,[he's since lived in New York the past 20 years] in the newspaper, a shot of it burned-out, aligned with a story about squatters and foreclosures)
"Damn, man, I tell people all the time out here I'm from Richmond, and they always say 'What, Richmond Virginia?'

"...and I'm like, naw' Richmond CALIFORNIA! It ain't no joke. You better ASK somebody!"
-high school pal relocated to Brooklyn.

yes. at least to me, these hard times look slightly 'harder' in the Rich.


my daily spiritual routine involves 7 elements of mindfulness interconnected to:
vision. wisdom. purity. strength. peace. love. and victory.
there are many other fine ideas to attach to ones' ongoing awareness about in the world, i suppose...

but reflecting, as my closest loved ones are well beyond a 50 mile radius from me today, it is easiest to go about the business of each activity with elan, holiness and respect.

some would argue the Nike AJ Retro 11' Concord embodies that.
to others it's just another iconic bastion of what's wrong with consumption; what, with the lines, rushes to collect, cop, admire, stunt...what have you.

to me, this shoe, as enigma, is yet another focal point or flash point of regional urban experience; highlighting the disparate variance of human conditions.

remember Cazals?
remember Krylon?
remember the 'tennis bracelet'?
remember the 'perfect' one?
remember (that thing, person or ingredient of your own experience that would take you to that next level of 'fresh'?)

we at bwlp send you best wishes during amazingly turbulent times.
we're honored to be alive now.
we're grateful for our friendships and loves through music.
we're thankful for awareness and the capacity to considering opposing views.
we love that the urge to assist someone in need, need not go further than your neighbor.

we love the mindful elan of holiness and respect that comes from wholly tending to your art of living.

on the eve of Drum. Bass. (code name for the actual title....)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

p.s. honorable mentions to Shogun Audio.

No comments: