Sunday, July 24, 2011

Frank. Sadness. And Maybe Now Some Peace.



So many things have been said about Miss Winehouse.
All I can say is that I'm deeply saddened, but appreciative of the music she left with us.

Last month I bought her 1st album, Frank. It came out 7 years ago. It sounds soooooo good that when I received it in the mail, I played it every day for like 2 weeks straight. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Anyone with the power to get one excited about music- put songs into your head and life- and keep them there, I commend those folks who can do such a thing to make our lives more live-able.

I remember my 26, 27, and 28 very well: Saturn Returns. What I remember most about those years was feeling like I never thought I'd make it. So much so, that I decided I WASN'T going to do it any more. And if it hadn't been for a good friend who pulled out some super-human characteristics from deep within her persona and came to see about me, I wouldn't be here today. I don't know if Amy had people like that in her life. Actually, I have no idea what it was like for Amy- her level of...well everything was at a level I might not ever experience... (instead- I've got a whole ton of other of life's lovin' in spades!)

We'll miss you, sweetheart. I'm sorry it ended so sadly, slowly, and seemingly unkind. Addiction is an awful, despicable sickness.

-bwlp

No comments: